Thursday, February 18, 2010

Could you tell me what the function the GLAZE have in faux painting techniques?

First, how is GLAZE important when mixing it with regular paint? Does it make the paint more manageable? I would like to do either a lime wash or a color wash on my wall, and I see that it is strongly recommended to use GLAZE.





Another thing. It seems to me that the GLAZE is white. So, when mixing this with your paint, wouldn't it dilute the color of the paint and make it lighter?





Please, someone who knows about these things, please provide me with productive answers. I don't care how long or detailed your answers are, but I need to know these things before going and spending money on these products.





Thank you!!Could you tell me what the function the GLAZE have in faux painting techniques?
Glaze is white in the container, but dries clear, thereby not affecting the color of the paint. It's mixed 1 part paint to 4 parts glaze. It makes the paint thin enough to create the effects desired. Solid paint would be too opaque to work. Make sure you a base color with sheen, such as satin. Faux finish doesn't work well at all on a flat base. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment