Sunday, February 21, 2010

I painted my kitchen, using faux finish product called a lime wash, glaze. Its been two weeks, runs when wet.

I painted my kitchen two weeks ago, using a lime wash/glaze, you start with a base coat and then apply the wash. But i had splashed some water by accident, and you could see it run. You can actually take a wet paper towel and wipe off the glaze. It looks beautiful but i am worried somethings missing. A worker at Lowes said it takes 30 days to set. To me that is a long time, did i miss a step. I applied base, then applied the glaze. I personally think it needs a clear protector, but that would make a big mess when wet. HELP!!I painted my kitchen, using faux finish product called a lime wash, glaze. Its been two weeks, runs when wet.
I have used this product before and it is a pain to deal with. You need to put a varnish on it. This product rubs off very easily. Once your white wash effect has dried, you can protect it by applying two coats of a low luster water based varnish. (If you don't protect your walls, the low luster diluted paint will rub off easily or run when it gets wet). Oddly enough when you mix the paint with the lime wash you need to add water to it. Otherwise it becomes very dry and when it gets wet it runs and will also rub off very easily. Sorry I am an Interior Designer so I have tips about all kinds of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment