Sunday, February 21, 2010

I know next to nothing about faux finishes. I would like to paint one wall in my bedroom with a deep burgundy?

(I have that paint color picked out) but I think I would like to put some gold (metallic) embellishment or flecking onto the wall also. Can anyone tell me how to do this? thank you in advanceI know next to nothing about faux finishes. I would like to paint one wall in my bedroom with a deep burgundy?
If you go to Wal Mart in the paint dept they have brochures showing how to do faux finishing or you can go on line to HGTV.com and check out their Faux Finishing .


You might want to try sponge painting over your burgandy it is really the easiest of all the faux painting. You must get a natural sponge though since the plastic ones do not work well at all.


You paint your basic (burgandy) let dry, then dip you sponge in your top coat dab on a paper towel so as not to drip and dab, dab, dab. on the wall. Gold would be very pretty. You can also use a dollar feather duster, I did, and it is very pretty. Mine is yellow and blue.get 3 or 4 dusters.I know next to nothing about faux finishes. I would like to paint one wall in my bedroom with a deep burgundy?
Lowe's has metallic flecks that can be added to paints.


You could paint your walls with your base coat and then go over them with a metallic faux finish glaze. Lowe's carries these as well.


But personally I use Modern Masters glazes. They are expensive, but a little goes a long way and they are more intense metallics.

No comments:

Post a Comment