Sunday, February 21, 2010

I am wondering how to faux paint.?

I have a couple of different rollers to choose from. One of them has something on it that looks similar to a plastic bag, and the other one has carpet literally on it, wrapped around the entire thing. Which roller should I choose? Also, my room is currently divided half way down the wall with a border. The top half is plain white, while the bottom half has a dark blue base color; with a lighter blue, red, and white sponge painted on. I have chosen a shade of red to replace the white half, and was going to use one of the special effect rollers described above. So, how do I mix up the glazing stuff with the red paint? And, how do I apply it to the wall? Lastly, what would be the most effective way to re divide the room, replacing the border (I do not want to put another border up)?





THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!I am wondering how to faux paint.?
I'd recommend going to a paint store or home improvement store when they have the hands on seminars on this -- big help! Otherwise, you want to get two shades of paint at least 2 colors apart on the paint chart. Mix the top color with a glaze you buy at the paint store, then apply it with the technique you select. Practice on a few pieces of cardboard of old drywall sections to get the look you want. Here's more:





http://www.oldhouseweb.com/stories/Detai鈥?/a>I am wondering how to faux paint.?
Thanks for the info!!

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment