Sunday, February 21, 2010

How to faux paint a heavily textured wall?

i painted my wall with a color that i had mixed at home and thought i would have plenty paint left over for touch ups, i had just enough paint to finish the job. I now have little nicks here and there that i would like to fix. I had previously hand tectured the walls very heavily and my question is, Could I faux paint over the color i allready have so that the paint won't have to match completely,or with the heavy texture would it look like a mess? Also if ishould faux what technique should i do? the color is like a caramel color.thanksHow to faux paint a heavily textured wall?
I have gotten a nice faux finish on heavily textured walls by using a color that is one or two steps lighter or darker than the wall color. I use a wide flat bristle brush (like 4'; to 6'; wide).





I thin the paint just a little and then dip the tips of the brush in it and swipe it once on a paper towel to get any excess off. Then, I just lightly brush in a random fashion over the wall leaving some of the undercoat wall color uncovered. Try it on an area that will be hidden by the bed or dresser first so you get the hang of it.





When it's finished, it has an old world European look. The raised areas of the texture will just naturally grab more of the 2nd color so it's pretty easy to do. Good luck!! : )How to faux paint a heavily textured wall?
We have textured walls also. My mother gave me this idea. I had painted the room green %26amp; it turned out too dark due to the porous plaster walls. Take a contrasting color - in my case a pale green in the same color palate. Paint a coat on the wall using a thick roller. 2 inch pile %26amp; very fluffy. Then while the paint is wet, take the lightest weight plastic drop cloth and press it on the wall. Do not smooth it out, you want the wrinkles. Then pull it off. Looks really cool. Is really fun %26amp; messy! :) Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment