Monday, February 8, 2010

Faux Painting with Red - HELP - NEED IDEAS?

I have a red walls in my guest bath (Sherwin Williams Red Bay, Satin). I would like to have the overall effect of red walls, but I would like to add some interest to the walls with a faux finish, using the Red Bay color as a basecoat. Any suggestions???Faux Painting with Red - HELP - NEED IDEAS?
Since you have satin finish walls it will make a great base for a glaze. Gold metallic glazes are very popular for red walls. It is very easy to apply. You can sponge it, use a rag roller, I've even heard of people using a plastic grocery bag turned inside out to apply the glaze.Faux Painting with Red - HELP - NEED IDEAS?
Try to coordinate the faux finish with the guest bedroom colors, walls, trim , curtains , etc. surrounding the guest bath . Feather duster makes interesting finish and is easy to use
Absolutely; I agree with the other answer, I was going to say gold tones as well.
A metallic gold single glaze applicatoin is beautiful. Modern Masters has several gold metallic paints.


A gold stencil would look awesome too, perhaps stencil in a border.

No comments:

Post a Comment