Thursday, February 18, 2010

How do you remove and paint over faux marble?

I have two side tables that have a ugly off white ';faux marble'; surface (the legs are really beautiful wood). I want to paint over the surface, but I do not know where to start. Should I sand off the original finish? or should I just paint right over it? I am not certain what exactly the surfaces are or how they were made but they look like fake marble, just not pretty!


Any suggestions? Thanks.How do you remove and paint over faux marble?
I would go and get some advice from the people in your local DIY/hardware store. In my experience they're usually a fund of knowledge on such things.How do you remove and paint over faux marble?
Heres your proceedure:





inspect the surface to see if there has been texture left from the faux proceedure. if so, sand to eliminate it or at least reduce it. If its smooth to your satisfaction then you can paint right over top.





similar materials bond, so as long as the existiing paint is in good shape, you can go right over top. If the existing surface is hard and slick its recommended to lightly sand and prime before topcoating (for adhesion purposes)
It really depends on what the surface is made of. If it's a wood laminate, which it sounds like it most likely is, then just give it a light sanding, then prime and paint it with either a semi-gloss or high-gloss paint as these are going to be the most durable for furniture.
The guy above me is not all that smart, he should of told you to go to your local Home Depot...Make sure you ask Homer de Poe for Joey orange paint
You like the legs, find a new top

No comments:

Post a Comment